Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. – Henry Ford
When you dream about something, you put all of your efforts behind it just to make your dream come true, but what if your efforts are ruined? If someone fails in any field, you get nothing and mentally leaves the person in a perilous state. They lose their interest in it and move on to another field leaving behind their true desire. But the person who believes in himself, they are always awarded success, it just takes time and patience.
Same things happened with the founder of Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford. He experienced failure again and again in his career life, but he took those failures as a new opportunity to do something better than that improve for better tomorrow.
Here are some facts based on the struggles of Henry Ford during the establishment of Ford Motor Company:
1. When Henry was a teenager, his father gifted him a watch. He disassembled the watch and then assembled it again just like it was before. All of his relatives were very impressed by his performance and praised him. After that, he started repairing watches with his own tools and instruments.
2. After his mother died in 1876, his father wanted him to work on the farm and take the responsibility of the family but Henry refused to work on the farm because he had no interest there. He said that he only worked on the farm just to help his mother.
3. He was a good car racer and once participated in a race, on 10 October 1901 where his rival was Alexander Wilton, a famous racer. This doesn’t demotivate him a bit and not only he won the race but also gained the publicity and trust of the investors.
4. President Woodrow Wilson wanted him to run for U.S senate but he said that “If they want to elect me let them do so, but I won’t make a penny’s investment”. He spent nothing on the elections and lost the seat just by 4500 votes.
5. He wanted to build a city and start rubber plantation in that city which can be used for the production of rubber used for the manufacturing of tires. But, he created a town named Fordlandia in the middle of Amazon which still manufactures many products of rubber.
6. Henry Ford worked with the Edison Illuminating Company of Thomas Edison. He became the chief engineer in that company and presented a concept of the horseless carriage. Edison analyzed the model praising Henry and told him to keep working on that model.
7. Ford Motor Company was not the first company of Henry Ford. His first company was Detroit Automobile Company, but he was not satisfied with the quality and price of the cars. So he started the second company named Henry Ford Company but he was not contented with the consultant appointed by the investors so he left the company. Hence, his third company was born, Ford Motor Company.
8. Henry Ford became one of the richest men because of the Ford Motor Company. He is also the founder of Ford Airline Company which was started during the World War I. Henry Ford is the only American who is mentioned in the autobiography of Adolf Hitler, “Mein Kampf”. Hitler said that Henry is an inspiration for the people.
If you enjoyed this post, Do share your views in the comments section.
We’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!