Going back to home from a long day at the job, and suddenly you notice, that there is no protruding portion in your trouser and by putting your hands in the pocket, you gasp, “where is my phone?” Called the receptionist at your office, searched in your backpack, but alas!! You have lost your phone. Due to the stress of daily activities, human beings have become more reluctant which increases the chances of cell phones getting lost.
Don’t lose hope, there are still different ways to recover your phone. One of the best methods out there is by enabling the GPS in your device. GPS feature is helpful and useful. It allows other apps to access your location and see where you are standing. This feature can also be used for tracking your lost phone, not so accurate and pinpointed location, but it is still worth the try. But first, you have to trigger the Android Device Manager on your Device. Just follow these simple steps below:
1. Go to the Settings of your Android device.
2. Search for the Personal tab in the options layout. Under the Personal, go for Security options and tap on it.
3. Now you will see a big list of drop-down options. There you have to search for Device Administration tab, under which you have to tap on Device Administrators.
4. There you will find an option named as Android Device Manager. Just tap on it to activate and to make sure that it is activated, see that there is a tick mark to it.
Note: This feature is available to different Android devices which were released in the year 2014 or later. For devices having older versions of Android, there are different methods for searching your device.
After enabling the Android Device Manager, you can easily access the Google’s web interface to search for your device
How to Track Your Device?
1. Go to à https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone, and sign in using the same Google account with which you have logged into your cell phone.
2. After signing in, you will be asked to select one of your devices. Select one of the devices or tablets that you want to find.
3. Now you will see different options there and select whatever you want to do. For now, click on the locate option.
4. It will redirect you to on a new tab, where it will track your phone with the help of GPS from your phone, and give its current location up to the minimal error.
5. Although you might have left the phone in silent mode, but still you can also ring your phone loud and clear. You can even lock your phone so that it is not accessible by anyone else other than you.
If you enjoyed this post, Do share your views in the comments section.
We’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!